On July 11th 2022 it is the 1 year anniversary of the socio-political movement that stemmed from Cuba, known as Patria y Vida and that also included the many voices, opinions and all who supported this movement with SOS Cuba also with the hashtag: #SOSCUBA. Patria y Vida is translated from Spanish as Homeland and Life. Patria y Vida is associated with a song that was integral to this movement by Yotuel , Gente de Zona, Decemer Bueno, Maykel Osorbo , El Funky, and defined the uprising of the Cuban liberation protests / movements. The protests also took place in Miami, Florida and to Capitol Hill, Washington DC., USA where the U.S. Senate legislative members raised their concerns to support Cuban liberations.
A year earlier I also took the time to print and display the #SOSCUBA sign to support the humanitarian efforts, and the urgent call and cries for help of the Cuban people. It is on this year of anniversary that it is to be remembered and known that the voices of the voiceless, those who are prisoners of conscience and much more still exist.
I also reflect upon the Freedom Tower that is part of Miami College, that also contains the art exhibitions of Cuban Exiles. It is also where Florida State recently announced November 7th as the official Victims of Communism Memorial Day. I am proud to support these efforts and in a special way appreciate that the legislation HB 395 also designates / includes the learning of Communism as part of K-12 Civics Education.
- VICTIMS OF COMMUNISM MEMORIAL FOUNDATION | FLORIDA DESIGNATES “VICTIMS OF COMMUNISM MEMORIAL DAY”
- MARCO RUBIO U.S. SENATOR FOR FLORIDA | English/Español: Rubio: One Year Ago, the Cuban Dictatorship’s Worst Nightmare Became a Reality
Related Blog Posts:
- CHAPTER 15 | SUMMARY!
- CHAPTER 11 | SUMMARY!
- REFLECTION | EMERGENT LEARNING.
- MLB WORLD SERIES 2021!
- VIVA CUBA!!
- AMERICA’S AMERICAN-CUBAN POLITICAL COMMUNITY.
- HOTEL SARATOGA, HAVANA, CUBA.
- 9th Summit of the Americas – IX Cumbre de las Américas!
- REFLECTIONS ON REGIMES.
- Image 1 – Link
- Image 2 – Link | Facebook post shared from @MarcoRubio
- Image 3 – Twitter link and handle .@SenRubioPress .@MsSsHussain
Reference: Gibson, C. (2019). EL NORTE The Epic and Forgotten History of Hispanic North America. New York: Atlantic Monthly Press.
With Love & Kindness! 🇺🇸